Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday:

Once again, I am so behind in posting.  What can I say except, we have been busy every day.  Then when evening comes, I am pooped and don't feel like posting on the blog.  Not a good excuse, I know, but the only one I have.

Wednesday, March 14, Rick's birthday.  We had a celebration at Rick and Sharon's house, with Chelle and Jacob.   Harris made fettuccine, and Rick fixed chicken add garlic break and you have our meal.   For dessert we had homemade lemon pie and chocolate cake.  We had lots of laughs and fun. 

Thursday, March 15:  On Thursday morning Ann and I went to Faith Presbyterian Church to attend the Presbyterian Women's group.  This was my first time to attend this group.  It was a great group.   Thursday afternoon was our last pen making class.  I am really surprised at how good my pen turned out.  I have never used a lathe before.  I can't say I am really good at it, but I did make a pen and it does not look that bad.  I am hoping to take another class next year, hoping I will get better at using the lathe. 

Friday, March 16:  This day was a day full of running errands and getting things ready for our trip to San Francisco.  I got a hair cut, went to Weight Watchers to do my monthly weigh in; and many other errands before heading home. 

Saturday, March 17:  We were up early and ready for the Super Shuttle to pick us up to take us to the Phoenix International Airport.  We got to the airport in plenty of time to catch our flight to the  Oakland airport.  When we arrived at the Oakland Airport it was VERY VERY cold and windy.  We had planned our trip to arrived a couple of days early so we could do some site seeing.  We had not planned on it being so blooming cold.  Of course we didn't take really warm clothes.  Since we were there to see some things we decided to do it cold or not.  The Golden Gate Bridge looked really neat from the up on one of the hills.  I took some pictures that will show how gloomy the day was. 

Sunday, March 18:  On Sunday we got up and headed up to Santa Rosa to attend church where one of our friends, Renee Rico, is the interim pastor.  It was really fun to see Renee in the pulpit of her church.  She had a great sermon.  Renee is a avoid knitter, and when I told  her I was cold, I soon owned one of her really neat shawls.  Thanks Renee!!  It helped me to stay warmer.  After church we headed back to the Hotel in Marin Country through wine country.  Since we didn't have a lot of time, we decided to only stop at 2 wineries for tasting.   Then back to San Francisco Theological Seminary to get things set up for the Pre-Retirement seminar that was beginning on Monday. 

Monday, March 19-20:  Our GITT (Growing into Tomorrow Today) began at 8:30 on Monday.  We had 16 registered, but only 14 showed up.  We had a great group of participants from many different places.   The seminar began on Monday at 8:30 and ended on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. 

Wednesday, March 21:  Time to go back to Sun City

Thursday, March 22:  Another busy day in the RV park.  At 8:30 a.m, Ann and I met Jan Jeorge to go to  the PEO group we have been visiting for their meeting.  Thursday evening was another "Thursday nights at Faith".  The meal was good as usual.  The entertainment this time was a juggler. 

Friday, March 22:  Ann, Gary, Harris and I went to the Big Good Sam Rally that was held at the Phoenix International Raceway.  The day was good. 






Golden Gate Bridge

From the overlook
Coffee at Starbucks
Jan at Starbucks




Harris at the overlook







Church of the Roses Presbyterian Church







No comments:

Post a Comment