Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Moving On

We arrived in Rockford, IL on July 1 and checked into Rock Cut State Park.  We reserved our favorite spot for the next two weeks.

 Tuesday night Mark came to the camper for dinner since Andrea and the kids were in WI visiting with her parents.  Mark's family got home on Wednesday.  Dave and his family retuned from Dave's business trip on Thursday.  We spent Wednesday and Thursday nights with Mark, Andrea, Richard and Lizzy. 

Friday, we went over to Dave's for pizza night.

 Saturday afternoon, Mark and the kids came over to the campground while Andrea was working .  We took a bike ride on one of the many bike trials at the park.  The weather was overcast, but we didn't think it would rain, but it did as we were just getting to our circle.  We didn't get to wet.  Saturday night we went to Dave and JoRae's for dinner. 

Sunday, we went to Westminster Presbyterian Church of Rockford.  Later in the afternoon all the kids came over for a cook out at the camper.  It was HOT!!!! and HUMID!!!  Not the best day to be outside.  Unfortunately we did not all fit inside the camper where it was cooler.  So we suffered outside. 

Monday:  We caught up on things around the camper and then went to the grocery store.  Seems like we go to the grocery store a lot.  (lack of space). 

Tuesday:  I took Andrea to lunch, while Richard and Lizzy kept grandpa company at the camper.  We had a some one on one time.  Then when we got back we headed to Dave and JoRae's house where I did  a  batch of laundry.  Dave was out of town Monday and Tuesday, so we went to dinner with JoRae and the kids.  Callan suggested a place called "Johnny Pampcakes".  It was a really good local restaurant.  I decided the food must be really good by the amount of people eating there.  The fact was it was really good. 

Wednesday:  We headed down to Dave and JoRae's to go watch the boys at their swimming lessons.  Quentin is becoming a fish.  He has really progressed this year.

Grandpa and the boys before swimming lessons
Gavin and Callan are really doing GREAT.  For two little boys who were afraid of putting their  faces in the water a year ago, they both were able to hold their breath under water for at least the count of 10.  Callan is getting braver.  It will take Gavin a little longer to be brave enough to leave the side of the pool on his own.  However, he did walk away from the side a few times.  They are both getting along so good. 

Wednesday afternoon, we picked up Richard and Lizzy to spend the night with us at the camper.  Once we picked them up we took them to lunch before we headed to the grocery store again! 

Thursday afternoon, we took Richard and Lizzy to play miniature golf at "Volcano Falls"    Of course after playing miniature golf, you need ice cream.  Dinner was at the camper.   We played a lot of Phase 10 (a card game)

Friday:  Breakfast at the camper!  Pancakes with chocolate chips, or blueberries, bacon, juice and milk.  After breakfast we took Richard and Lizzy home, and headed to Dave and JoRae's to pick up Quentin, Gavin and Callin to go play miniature golf at "Volcano Falls".  The day was beautiful, a good day for golf.  However, Gavin decided not to play.  He was engrossed in his Harry Potter book.  He is on the second book.  So Gavin and I went inside to read while Harris and the other two boys played golf. 

Friday night Gavin, Quentin, and Callan came over to have a sleep over with us. 

Saturday morning after breakfast, we headed back to Dave and JoRae's house so Harris could slow cook some pork for pulled pork and Sunday.  Since our grill is to small, we used Dave's.  I brought some more washing and did finished my laundry.  (almost all of our clothes were clean).  JoRae and I pitted cherries from their cherry tree.  Then we picked more cherries and pitted them.  JoRae and I went to lunch.  When we came home Dave was out picking cherries and Harris was at Firestone.  When Harris came back he headed back to the camper to make coleslaw, while I helped pick cherries.  We ended up picking 6 gallons all together.  That didn't count the cherries Harris and I picked earlier in the week. ( I pitted them and put 2 quart bags full  in the freezer).  

The freezer now has fresh strawberries and fresh cherries in it waiting to be used at a later date. 

Saturday night we had dinner with Dave and JoRae and the kids. 

Sunday:  We went to church with  Mark, Andrea, and the kids.  Mark was the worship leader that day.  It was really great to be there to support Mark.  After lunch we headed home to get things ready for everyone coming out to the camper for pulled pork, Harris's coleslaw, my potato salad, JoRae made Cherry desserts, and Andrea brought fruit.  I made mac and cheese for the kids. 

The day was much cooler than the week before so we all enjoyed ourselves even more.  It was wonderful to have everyone together.  The kids enjoy being together and playing together.  The adults always have a great time.
Grandpa and the kids (without Callan)
Callan (just for Grandma)

Richard, Quentin, Gavin, and Lizzy (Callan didn't want to be in the picture)

Andrea, me and JoRae
David, Harris and Mark
Jan, David, Richard, JoRae, (Callan), Andrea, Lizzy, Mark, Quentin and Gavin

Harris, David, Richard, JoRae (Callan), Andrea, Lizzy, Mark, Quentin, and Gavin



No comments:

Post a Comment