Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013

Wow it has been a while since I last posted on the blog.  At lot has been going on around here. 

Last week we were in Seattle for the Interim Ministry Education Consortium meeting.  Actually we were at a Catholic retreat Center in Federal way, WA.  The meeting was a good one.    Our room overlooked the Pudget Sound.  The weather was not the best but it was not the worst either.  It rained some each day, but we got to see the sun at little while each day.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to get out to take any pictures when it was shinning.   We flew home on Thursday afternoon. 

View from our room



Friday

We went to Wickenburg with 4 other couples to the "Goldrush Days".  They had a arts and craft fair, that was really nice.  We had a really good time with the couples we were with.  The booths were really nice. 

Saturday: 

Saturday morning was Shoppers Paradise at the ballroom.  We headed up there to check things out before we went to the grocery store.  As usual, a quick trip around Shoppers Paradise is not an easy task.  We thought we would not be there very long, but we spent a little over an hour.  We ended up talking to lots of people from the park.  Last year when we went to Shoppers Paradise, we were not up there that long.  It sure is different this year. 

Saturday afternoon, we met Chelle and her "little girl" Bully at McDonald's where she works before going to a park near by to walk Bully.  This was the first time we met Bully.  What a sweet puppy.  She is really cute.  We had a good time with them. 
Chelle and Bully

It was a cool day, and I was really cold all day.  I should have figured I was coming down with something. 

Sunday:

I woke up with no voice and the beginnings of a cold.  So I stayed home from church.  I slept most of the morning, and layed low all afternoon. 

Monday: 

I was still under the weather, so I didn't go on the bike hike with the group.  Harris got up and went on there 13 miles bike ride.  It was a cloudy, cool day, and before they got home it rained a little on them.  I was really glad I didn't go. 

Monday evening I went to line dance and then met Harris at the ballroom for the Coasters concert.  They were really good entertainers. 

Tuesday: 

It was laundry day.  After my conference call, we headed up to the laundry room.  Once that was done, we went out to run some errands. 

Wednesday:

Ash Wednesday!!   Our church shared services with two other churches for Ash Wednesday services. 

When we got home our friend Janice's niece came by to demonstrate Cutgo knives.  She is just beginning with the company and needed another person to demonstrate to.  She is a really sweet single young mother. 

Tomorrow is another day:

I will try to update more often. 



Chelle and her baby
Bully Chelle's baby






Another view from our room of the Sound

A walk along the path outside near the sound

 

No comments:

Post a Comment