Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thursday, January 3rd.

We woke up this morning to a really cool day, that was dreary.  The sun was kind of out, but not totally.  The sun finally did come out, but it still was rather cool.  My friend Jan Powell, from church came by the park to pick Ann and myself up to go to lunch and an afternoon of visiting thrift shops.  We had a really good time.  I only bought a round table cloth for the 3 legged table we have outside. 
After I got back, Janice and David walked up to visit with us.  They stayed until dinner time.  Then they walked back to their park model. 

Friday, January 4th

Another cool day in Sun City, AZ.    Since we had not done the laundry for 2 weeks, I thought it was time to go to the laundry room to get them washed.  While the clothes are in the washer, we head out in the park to begin our walk.  It takes 25 minutes to wash.  When the time is up, we head back to put the clothes in the dryer, or hang them outside.  I am really glad they have a solar dryer outside the laundry room.  It is so great to hang the sheets outside, plus any other things that need to be hung.  While the clothes are in the dryer, we head out again to finish our walk.   Except for Friday, after putting the clothes in the dryer we went over to the Pickle ball court for the Robbon cutting and clinic.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay for the whole clinic, but it was nice to see some people who really know how to play "pickle ball".  We have tried it once and would like to try it a little more, but have not really gotten up there to do that.  We have 2 new courts, that just opened this year.  There are lots of people who like to play "pickle ball" 

Pickle Ball is played on a court like tennis, but smaller.  It is played with paddles (like ping pong, but larger).  The balls look sort of like wiffle balls.  It is slower than tennis, but you still get a great workout. 

After the laundry was done, we had lunch plans with Art and Lilly Bell, friends we have known from interim gatherings.  They live in Sun City West, which is not very far from here.  We met them at their house and then headed to Red Lobster for lunch.  Art and Lilly have a really nice house.  We enjoyed being with them. 

Friday night was the New Year's dinner and dance at the ballroom here at the park.  We had tickets for both the dinner and dance. I was excited about the night.  David and Janice came by the house.  After taking pictures, we walked over to Ann and Gary's place to get them to walk with us up to the ballroom.  When we arrived, we found our table (we signed up for a particular table), and sat down.   We didn't know who our last table mate would be, but it was another younger couple.  The night was really great.  We all had a wonderful time.  After the dance we walked back home. 

Saturday, December 5th

This morning Janice and I went to DSW to look for shoes.  After our shoe shopping, we went to lunch at Sweet Tomato.  We both vowed to go back there.  What a wonderful place to eat.  We had a BIG salad that we prepared ourselves.  We will beck!!

Saturday it was sunny, but cool, we decided to go for a bike ride around the park.  If we ride all the streets and perimeter  and all the streets, it is 4 1/2 miles.  As we were riding we saw a couple we knew from last year, who arrived on Friday.  They were just getting ready to go on a bike ride too.  So the 4 of us set out to ride the park.  All in all Harris and I rode about 7 miles.  By the time we got back home it was time for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment