Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life continues in Sun City  

We had a good weekend. 

Saturday was a great day.  I finally figured out how to use face time on my IPad2.  I called Rob to walk me through it.  While we were on the phone I saw him calling me on my IPad2.  I was so excited to get a chance to see Katie.  She is growing so fast.  With my IPad2, we will get a chance to watch her grow.  After talking to Rob, I called Vicki to see if she had her IPad2 face time figured out.  It was not long until we were having a conversation face to face.  WOW!!  I was thinking this is really neat.  Later Saturday afternoon we had a conversation with Dave, JoRae, Callan, Gavin, and Quentin.  Now I want to catch up with Lizzy and Richard to enjoy some time with them.  Feeling some excitement and accomplishment, it was time to get ready for dinner with Ann and Gary.  We made hamburgers, potato salad, salad and Ann brought a fresh Lemon pie.  (Fresh lemons are plentiful around here).  We continue to enjoy spending time with them. 

Sunday:  It was up and at church by 8:00 a.m. for choir practice.  We are both enjoying singing in the choir.  After church we headed out for lunch with  Ann, Gary, Rory, Jan, Mary, and Don.  Rory and Jan were heading back to Minnesota on Thursday. 

Monday:  Once again we were up at the front to meet the bike riders for our every Monday bike ride.   Brunch was at a place called "Bobbies".  Then back to Paradise.  When we got back we found out we rode 14 miles.  The afternoon was spent working for APIMS. 

Tuesday:  We went to a Thai restaurant to meet Pastor Dave and his wife Ellen.  We had a wonderful lunch with them.  Sometimes I forget how much I miss talking to other pastors and their wives.  We found out we know a lot of the same people. 

Last night a cold front came through so it has been pretty cool outside today.  We also got a little sprinkle.  All that did was make the windshield look spotted with dust.  It is suppose to be back up near 80 again by the end of the week. 

Have a wonderful Day!!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete