Monday, April 1, 2013

Whoops, I missed a week!

Gosh how time flys when you are having fun.  I will try to catch you all up on what has been going on with us.

We returned home from Richmond, a week ago Saturday, after a looooong plane ride. Our plane ride from Richmond to Charlotte went without a hitch.  Soon after we boarded the plane for our 4 hour ride home, we learned  they were having some mechanical problems and we would be delayed.  We went back to the gate, where we sat for the next 2 1/2 hours. To top it off, Harris and I were not sitting next to each other.  We were both in the middle seat one in front of the other one.  The person in the Aisle seat grumbled all the while they were working on the problem.  After we finally got underway, he never stopped grumbling except for when he was asleep.  He also took his half out of my middle.  It was not a great ride. 

We were both really glad to be back in Phoenix. 

Sunday, Palm Sunday

We attended worship at Faith Church and sang in the choir.  After church we had a celebration to celebrate the retirement of our pastor Dave and his wife Ellen.  Their last Sunday will be Easter Sunday.  What a great tribute to both of them.  They will be missed. 

Sunday afternoon, we checked in with Dave and Janice, since their Son, Daughter in law, and their 3 grand kids where coming later that afternoon for a weeks visit.  Before the kids got here, the 4 of us went out to dinner. 

Monday

I got us with a really bad back ache, so we decided not to go on the bike ride.  I didn't think I wanted to ride 14 miles with a back ache.  That worked out for the best since we needed to be at home for a conference call at noon.  After the conference call, we headed to Verizon to get new phones.  Since my phone has not been charging for quite some time.   I thought I would get a Iphone, but went home with a Droid again.  We both set on the Razor MAX.  So we have been learning a new phone.

At 6:00 I headed up to the ballroom for line dance lessons.  Harris barbequed chicken breasts while I was gone.  It was so nice to come home to a home cooked meal after dance.  Then we settled in to watch "Dancing With the Stars". 

Tuesday

We didn't go to exercise class as my back was still hurting a lot. I headed up to the laundry room to get the laundry going.  Harris stayed at home to get some paper work done.  With the laundry done, I came home for an early lunch since  Arizona 2 step class is at 1:00 p.m..  We are really enjoying AZ 2-step.  Later that afternoon, I went down to Janice and David's to meet their kids and grand kids.  Janice was getting ready to take the kids to the pool and asked me if I wanted to go too.  We have not been to the pool yet this year , so I thought it would be fun to go. 

Wednesday

Exercise class was first on our agenda.  I love Wednesdays as it is "kickboxing"  That is my favorite day.  After breakfast, etc.  I decided to get the rugs washed.  While the rugs were in the washer, I went out to the pool to relax.  I didn't get back to the washer for almost an hour.  I found several people to talk to. 

Wednesday afternoon, Janice to say they had an extra ticket to the Royals and Cubs game that night.  It was a great opportunity for me to go see a spring training game.  So Janice, her son, Dennis, his wife, and one of their 3 kids and me, went to the game.  It was fun being at the game.  I think I will talk Harris into going to a game next year.  It was a lot of fun. 

Thursday

Exercise class first thing in the morning.  Since we were going to Jan and Rory's for dinner, I needed to make potato salad for our cook out.  Our plan for the meal was to eat early since Harris and I had to be at church at 6:00 to sing with the choir for Maundy service.  We arrived at Jan and Rory's house before Ann and Gary or Barb.  Jan and Rory provided hamburgers, Ann and Gary brought pea salad, and Barb brought salad and dessert.  At 6:00 Harris and I went to church and the others followed at 7:00 p.m.  After services we all went back to Jan and Rory's house for dessert.  Jan and Rory will be leaving on Monday. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment